I think 2017 has been off to a fairly good start! With one month down, I wanted to revisit my New Years-Resolutions and do a quick check in.
So…I was pretty ambitious this year with my resolutions. I have listed all eleven of them below:
- I wrote an entire post on this resolution last month. Without divulging too much here, I’ll simply state that I still have a lot of room for improvement. That said, living a values consistent life is always a work in progress, wherein we should be constantly reevaluating and revising what we are giving priority to in our lives.
- Drink my coffee black 2/3 of the time
- I’m not sure how I should actually be measuring this haha. My bank statements and I do feel really good about the decrease in my latte purchases this month though!
- Publish at least two academic articles in 2017
- Half way there! I just completed a revise and resubmit for the Journal of Psychology and Sexuality. Crossing my fingers for a quick turn around ❤ wish me luck ❤
- Teach more classes
- I am currently teaching a night class. However, I still need to get moving on applications for additional teaching positions next semester… Especially if I plan on sticking to this resolution for the rest of the year 🙂
- Start yoga teacher training
- I just signed up and scheduled my Buti Yoga Certification for 1.5 weeks from now! I am so nervous, but also very excited to learn more about this amazing practice.
- Drink more water
- This is one of my resolutions every. single. year. I feel like I never drink enough water. That said, I know I can do better on this one. Luck for me, February is a new month and a fresh start 🙂
- Focus on self-care & stay single, until at-least after May
- Hmm…All I will say is that I’m feeling really good about this one!
- Finish (at-least) 1 new book per month
- This was an epic fail in January. I started 3 books and didn’t finish any of them…but at-least I started something right? I’m going to try and get through two of these in February to catch myself up for the year!
- Clean my floors every Saturday
- I’ve actually managed to do this every Saturday so far the past month! It is one of my favorite parts of the week now.
- Explore my spirituality and be more involved/active in Church.
- Start this blog!!!
- And… Double Check! ❤
That’s all I have for now. I hope you all are having a great start to your year as well!! I may do another check in with you all in the next few months…but I’ll likely still keep up the monthly check-ins with my friends. I don’t know about you all, but I hardly ever stick to my resolutions. I am determined to follow through with each of these this year though!
I totally recommend doing a monthly or quarterly check in within your circle of friends. I feel like it’s been motivating me so far. Plus, I think it is such a great way for all of us to inspire and hold each other accountable ❤
Until next time,